Steps of treatment (Lowest relapse rate with KAYAKALP)
1. Treatment depends on extent of the disease whether it is present only on the skin or has extended to nails and/or joints.
2. Blood purifying herbs are given that –
3. Medicines provided are both internal herbal medicines and external ointments/ oils.
4. Ayurvedic medicines provided at Kayakalp through registered medical doctors are thoroughly researched for heavy metals and have no side effects. Safety index of ayurvedic treatment is well established and is safe for use in children as well.
5. Every patient is given a healthcare provider that will call regularly to clear doubts of the patient.
6. Lifestyle and diet and Yoga guidelines will also be included in the treatment.
*We will guide you to the time frame of recovery in the first consultation only.
*Integrative treatment is planned to better manage relapse of disease.
*Once disease enters joints - daily living becomes very difficult so timely action is advisable.
7. The goal of our treatment is not just to clear the scales from the superficial skin, (for which you can use any local application regularly and keep skin free from scales for a few days or months) but to get rid of Psoriasis permanently.
8. Another advantage of this treatment is that it prevents diseases such as Psoriatic Arthritis, Debility and other autoimmune diseases to develop in future by purification of blood.
9. Our line of treatment is a complete treatment method covering all aspects of this disease. This treatment method took 10 years of research and is in use for the last 15 years. The method is completely herbal and free from any chemicals and have not produced any known side effects till date with amazing results.
Time duration for recovery depends upon severity of disease and type of psoriasis.
Treatment plan is designed taking in account what medicines patient is taking at present. If the patient is using external steroidal applications in psoriasis since long time it is not a good idea to suddenly stop it as it may lead to flare up of psoriasis.
At Kayakalp Global, we start internal ayurvedic treatment with combination of external application which patient is using for few weeks. After few weeks we will taper off allopathic medicines and put patient on pure Ayurveda depending upon the recovery.
Some severe patients are using methotrexate once a week to control psoriasis. In such patients again we taper of this drug and add ayurvedic medicines.
1. Palmo-planter psoriasis: Psoriasis of hands and feet get very quick recovery with our ayurvedic approach. External oil application is advised and after oil application 20 minutes sun exposure is advised in morning. Herbal application in cream form is given for night application.
Patients can expect very good recovery in first 45 days of treatment. In most of cases complete recovery may be achieved in 9 -12 month of time and the maintenance treatment is given for a longer period of time.
We have hundreds of patients who have got complete remission and are living psoriasis free life in last 15 years.
2. Plaque Psoriasis: Patients with silvery scales on knee and elbow also get quick recovery with our treatment. Most of patients are happy with this approach in 45 days of treatment. Patients who have time for 20-minute sun exposure get more long-lasting recovery. Full body oil application is required the best part is that the oil is made with virgin coconut and is non-sticky and is food grade. In some very severe cases when plaque is red and patches are red some patients may need to integrate with allopathic drugs for some time to control the flare ups.
3. Scalp psoriasis: Scalp psoriasis patients are having severe scales in hair. Flare ups are common during winters. With Kayakalp treatment we advise a herbal oil to be used for overnight application and to be washed in morning before going to work. We advise same oil to be applied in morning on Sundays and sit in sun for 20 minutes. To start with in severe cases doctors may advise to use non-greasy allopathic drops for morning application for few weeks.
Most of patients get very good recovery in 45 days of treatment. Treatment should go for 12 to 16 months.
4. Erythrodermic Psoriasis: The psoriasis which is very red and itchy and is spread in whole of body is called erythrodermic psoriasis or red psoriasis. Such cases need to start the treatment with integrative approach of Ayurveda and allopathic medicines. After severe symptoms are gone patients can be shifter to Ayurvedic approach.
Severe cases get can expect recovery in 30 days but need long term management.
5. Psoriasis Arthritis: Psoriatic arthritis is a condition when psoriasis is not treated properly in early stages and starts effecting nails and there is pitting of nails. Then after few years it starts entering in small joints especially small joints of hands and there is morning stiffness and pain. Kayakalp has developed special treatment using Boswellia. Joint involvement is third stage of psoriasis is a difficult to treat. If proper action is not taken there may be permanent deformation of joints.
What we have learned with years of working on psoriasis patients is that liver toxic allopathic drugs should be tapered off and patient should be put on ayurvedic medicines. Herbal tablets and capsules are advised in morning and night doses for daily use. As some patients do not have time for sun exposure or are having irregular life style in such patients we can use some safer allopathic options for few months when there is a flare up of psoriasis. Kayakalp Global is only clinic in India where a team of both Ayurvedic doctors and Allopathic doctors sit under one roof and design treatment taking in account severity and requirement of patient.
As is the case of other forms of Psoriasis, there is no permanent treatment available for genital psoriasis in modern medical science. All the treatments prescribed by dermatologists simply treat symptoms of genital psoriasis and reduce the redness, itching and irritation.
1. Since steroids have the potential to thin the skin, only low strength steroids or non-steroidal lotions are prescribed.
2. Vitamin D based compounds such as calcipotriene (Dovonex) and retinoids such as Tarazotene are generally avoided for genital psoriasis as they can cause irritation.
3. Ultraviolet light treatments are recommended at low intensity as genital parts are very sensitive and strong UV treatments or excessive UV treatments can lead to skin cancer at genital areas.
4. Male patients in particular, if going for UV treatments must protect penis and scrotum.
5. Using cotton undergarments, soft towels and use of condoms and lubricants during intercourse are some of the recommendations which can reduce trigger supports and can keep genital psoriasis and irritation calm.
6. We at Kayakalp Global have developed special treatment plan to get permanent results and get life-long remission from genital psoriasis.
Kayakalp treatment plan for Genital Psoriasis targets to stop the flow of toxins at the intestinal level, helps production of normal cells at genital and groin skin, blocks the stress effect on body, work as immunomodulator, reduce the inflammation and irritations in genital and groin area and heal the psoriasis condition.