Vitiligo has one prominent identifying symptom
- Appearance of small white patches on the skin
- initially regular and might become irregular as size increases indicating disease spread.
- This condition is not painful or itchy
- Appearance of white patches may make a person feel self-conscious, especially if present on visible places
- Not a life threatening condition
- It also affects the hair on the skin which can become white.
- This disease can affect both sides of the body.
- It can also spread to the inside parts of the mouth, lips and nose.
- The sun can exacerbate the patches on those parts that are directly exposed to it.