A. Is Vitiligo genetic and can it spread to my next generation?
B. How many weeks will it take to stop the spread of disease after I start kayakalp treatment?
C. What is the expected time of recovery in my case ?
D. It has started from my finger tips can it affect my lips and face?
E. The hair under my white patches has also turned white, what are my treatment options?
F. I am getting married. Is there a faster treatment?
G. Can lasers help in my case?
H. Is treatment for small children available at kayakalp?
1. After making a careful diagnosis, the treatment approach depends on the stability of the disease.
2. In cases where the patches are stable, Color forming herbal medicines are given for internal as well as external application.
3. If the disease is unstable or spreading, medicines will be modified to stop the spread and start color formation at the same time.
4. We will guide you to the time frame of recovery from the start of the treatment. If the disease has already appeared on the hands and feet there is a high chance of spreading to private parts and lips. Once white patches appear on lips, face and private parts, timely action is required.
5. For pediatric patients (children) we have formulated medicines in syrup form for easy consumption.
6. Herbal medicines have been tested for heavy metals and safety is well established. No side effects over the course of 20+ years
Vitiligo is a chronic skin condition characterized by the development of white patches on the skin.
1. Our skin has colour forming cells called melanocytes.
2. In vitiligo, our immunity starts attacking these colour forming cells.
3. Loss of colour forming cells leads to loss of pigment production in skin.
4. This leads to white colour in skin where colour forming cells were killed. This condition is called vitiligo or Leucoderma.
After graduating in 1992 from Guru Nanak Dev University in Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery(Ayurvedacharya), Dr. Shailender Dhawan has spent the better part of his life in researching chronic skin conditions Vitiligo and Psoriasis.
Over the course of 30 years, he has successfully treated more than 30,000 Vitiligo and over 10,000 Psoriasis patients worldwide. Even as a student of traditional Ayurvedic sciences, Dr. Dhawan firmly believes it is imperative to treat the patient and not the disease and so believes in combining both Ayurvedic as well as modern medicine to treat the individual holistically.
“At Kayakalap Global, Indian Ayurveda meets modern science”
- Dr. Dhawan
Started in the year 1992, Kayakalp Global is the brain child of Dr. Shailender Dhawan and Dr. Suman Dhawan. Owing to its unique approach of using both modern as well as traditional medicine in order to treat the patient, Kayakalp Global has positioned itself as the leading Vitiligo and Psoriasis hospital in India. Treatment provided consists of both internal medicines as well as external ointments and creams. Internal Ayurvedic medicines are of herbal nature and well researched and have no documented side effects. Kayakalp’s unique model is different from other providers since treatment provided here is customized based on patient’s past treatment history (use of steroids), disease severity, drug tolerance, allergy sensitivity, dietary preferences and other variables. Results are monitored on a regular basis and the patient receives regular follow up calls from health agents assigned to the patient and dietary guidelines are provided.By simply sending pictures of the affected skin patches, patients can avail free consultation at no cost. Further instructions are provided through phone and personalized treatment along with prescription are delivered to the patient’s doorstep within 5-7 days.