Generally, in Psoriasis skin gets red, scaly rash, mostly on the elbows, feet, hands, knees, ankles, and other parts of the body. Although, Psoriatic arthritis is a form of inflammatory arthritis and there are 5 types of psoriatic arthritis have seen around the world. Therefore, it is mandatory to know which type of psoriatic arthritis a patient has only then psoriatic arthritis can be treated properly.
Types of psoriatic arthritis:
1. Symmetric Psoriatic Arthritis: it affects the same joints, with multiple matching pairs on the opposite sides of the skin. Symmetric psoriatic arthritis can be disabling, destructive disease. With the loss of function more than 50% of patients are having psoriatic arthritis, it resembles rheumatoid arthritis.
2. Asymmetric Psoriatic Arthritis: Typically, it involves up to three joints in the body like it can be on the knee, hip and on the fingers. However, Asymmetric psoriatic arthritis will not affect matching pairs of joints.
3. Distal inter-Phalangeal Predominant: these types of psoriatic arthritis effects on primarily the small joints in the fingers. Along with it, on the toes which are closest to the nail. Meanwhile, distal interphalangeal predominant psoriatic arthritis is a chronic disease that causes the deterioration of joint cartilage and bones also.
4. Spondylitis: it may cause inflammation and stiffness in the neck, lower back, spinal vertebrae and sacroiliac region. Spondylitis psoriatic arthritis also attacks connective tissue, such as ligaments, or cause arthritic disease in the joints of the arms, hips, feet and other parts of the body.
5. Arthritis Mutilans: It is deforming and destructive form of psoriatic arthritis that mainly affects the small joints in the fingers and toes near nails. Arthritis mutilans is frequently associated with lower back and neck pain also. However, there is very rare chance for Arthritis mutilans psoriatic arthritis.
Symptoms of Psoriatic Arthritis:
â— Sausage- like fingers or toes- lots of patients get swelling along the entire length of their fingers or toes which usually confined to a single joint.
â— Tendon or ligament pain- it can develop enthesitis or tenderness or pain where tendons or ligaments attach to bones. Meanwhile, it can easily result from sports injuries.
â— Painful, swollen joints- Pain in the lower back is also a symptom of spondylitis, a form of inflammatory arthritis that causes the vertebrae to fuse and finger may swell.
â— Stiffness- in this disease, Joints tend to be stiff either first starting or after a period of time.
â— Skin rashes and nail changes: psoriasis skin symptoms include thick, red skin with flaky, silver-white scaly patches on any part of the body. Apart from it, Nails may become pitted or infected.
â— Eye problem- Patients get inflammation of the eyes that can cause redness, irritation, disturbed vision and pain in tissues surrounding the eyes all the time.
â— Fatigue- People often experience general feelings of fatigue this is a common feature of rheumatoid arthritis in every region.
â— Reduced range of motion- joints and limbs as freely as before is a sign of psoriatic arthritis.
To get more information on the Psoriatic Arthritis Types and Their Symptoms for proper Psoriatic Arthritis treatment just get in touch with the best Ayurveda Psoriatic Arthritis doctor in India.
- Dr. Samyak Dhawan